The STORServer Enterprise Backup Appliance has built-in feature for data and disaster recovery. Some of these features are obvious, as in restoring a file from the backup/archive client. Others are complex and expandable. This course will cover many of the basic and advance functions of recovering data, file systems, entire nodes, and some applications. Included in the training:
Disaster Recovery Manager (DRM)
- Creating the base recovery instruction files
- Adding machines to the plan
- Generating the disaster recovery plan
- Restoring the STORServer database without DRM
- Restoring the STORServer database with DRM
- File restore
- Disk restore
- Virtual Machine restore
- Bare Metal Restore (BMR) procedures (add-on BMR products)
Note that there is another advanced course on use of bare metal recovery using Cristie Bare Metal Restore or FastBack Bare Metal Restore, so those products are not covered in this course.
This course requires completion of ST102 (STORServer Enterprise Backup Appliance Administrator Training).
Please our training team for available dates and registration openings: