Archive Backup Client for OpenVMS (ABC)
STORServer’s Archive Backup Client (ABC) for HP OpenVMS systems allows you to include your OpenVMS VAX, Alpha, and I64 servers in your heterogeneous IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) backup solution. With ABC you can back up, archive, restore, and query OpenVMS files that are stored on TSM servers as a logical extension to the online OpenVMS ODS-2 or ODS-5 file systems.
Feature Rich and Flexible
- Integration of OpenVMS VAX, Alpha, and I64 systems into your TSM environment
- Numerous SET and SHOW commands to tailor the overall TSM environment
- Automation and scheduling to save time and resources
- Ad hoc backup and archive requests
- Full user authentication for data protection
- Easy-to-use, flexible and familiar DCL-like command line interface
- Handling of complex alias file structures to ensure accuracy
- Policy-based management and support of 100’s of storage devices
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 265 bit encryption
Watch our video for more reasons to consider adding STORServer ABC to your backup strategy
Already a customer? Download the latest updates.
Request a free trial
Want to try it out? Get your free trial!
Attention European Archive Backup Client (ABC) software customers. BAS-Europe, aka BAS-Telecom, is not authorized to resell or represent STORServer or SSSI products, and we have had no official relationship with BAS-Europe since 2006. Any software licenses or maintenance that is being purchased from BAS-Europe is not authorized by STORServer, and does not provide STORServer manufacturer support or access to software or updates from our download area. STORServer would like to help you resolve issues that have been created by this unauthorized activity and bring you into license compliance. Please contact STORServer immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-550-5121 x7309.