STORServer Employment Opportunities
Customer Service Consulting Engineer
STORServer is currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Consulting Engineer to join our dedicated support team. Headquartered in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado, the candidate will work from his/her home office and travel to customer sites.
In this customer-focused engineering role, the candidate will install, troubleshoot and maintain STORServer products and equipment. He/she will provide periodic training engagements for both customers and Customer Service team members on products and services within identified skill sets. Additionally, you will perform the following duties:
- Identify, analyze and repair product failures
- Order and replace parts as needed
- Determine and recommend which products or services best fit the customer’s needs
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with all areas of customer service
- Provide consultation on complex projects and be a significant contributor/specialist in TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) or STORServer products
Provide installation and consulting services for STORServer customers:
- Work with customers to install sold products, including TSM based STORServer appliances, and other STORServer products
- Work with customers to install various TSM clients (i.e. Windows, Network, Unix etc.), agents and add-on products to existing STORServer accounts
- Services will include both travel and remote installation and consulting engagements with company-provided travel throughout the United States
Provide technical support to customers:
- Provide technical phone and online support for STORServer customers using the STORServer products
- Track ongoing support calls, responding in a timely manner according to STORServer Customer Service goals and objectives
- Rotate with team members to provide week-long (7-day) “Primary” and “Active” support roles including such functions as dispatching calls and coordinating all support for all levels of appliance and software customers
Provide technical training and publishing:
- Teach introductory courses for STORServer customers using STORServer developed materials
- Contribute to revisions of technical training materials
- Contribute technical articles to knowledge base
- Other duties as assigned
The chosen candidate will work from a company-supplied home-based lab with company-provided travel up to 50% of the workdays in a month as well as periodic meetings at STORServer headquarters in Colorado Springs.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in a combination of backup/archive, STORServer and TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) related areas; or equivalent
- Familiarity with a variety of STORServer’s concepts, practices and procedures preferred
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
STORServer, Inc., the leading provider of data backup and recovery solutions, is hiring IT professionals who are experts in installation and support of IBM® hardware and Tivoli® Storage Manager (TSM) software. STORServer offers a suite of TSM-driven fully integrated data protection appliance solutions as well as stand-alone TSM software agents for virtual machine, OpenVMS, Oracle and Oracle Rdb environments.